Ladies and gentlemen, dear readers
In this period of Communication and Information Technologies, the site of National Centre for Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Training (NCAHVT) wants to be displayed to the world so that the school will be better known by both the Cameroonian and non-Cameroonian public.
In Cameroon, our training institution is among the public schools that trains intermediate staff in the following fields: Fishery, pisciculture and Animal husbandry.
All started with the creation in 1954 of the Fish Nursery Station of Melap, which became the National Fish breeding Centre (NFC) in 1971 due to the bilateral agreement between Cameroon and United Nations. It was an institution with the objective of training and research in fish farming. It was placed under the tutelage of the then Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI) with technical assistance from FAO.
In 1976, the National Fish breeding Centre (NFC) was transformed to the National Aquaculture Centre (NAC) and passed under the tutelage of the Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries (MINEPIA) in 1980.
By decree N° 86 /14/2 of November 24 1986, the National Centre for Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Training (NCAHVT) Foumban was created to replace the NAC.
- The 1st cycle admits holders of BEPC or GCE /OL in 4 papers excluding religion and trains Assistant Technicians in Livestock and aquaculture.
- The 2nd cycle admits holders of Probatoire or GCE/AL in 1 paper excluding religion and trains Aquaculture, Fishery and Livestock technicians.
- The 3rd cycle admits holders of Baccalauréat or GCE/AL in 2 papers or any other equivalent certificate and trains Agro-pastoral Entrepreneurs (APE).
The NCAHVT Foumban equally trains producers in the livestock, fishery and aquaculture domains. It also ensures in-service training of MINEPIA personnel in the above-mentioned domains in accordance with the decree mentioned above.
The NCAHVT Foumban opened its doors in 1991 for the training of technicians in the domain of Aquaculture and Fisheries.
- In 1997, it launched the training of Livestock technicians,
- In 1999, the training of 1st cycle Assistant Aquaculture and livestock technicians was started,
- In 2012, the training of APE cycle started with diplomas awarded by the Ministry of Higher Education (MINESUP), whereas, graduates from the the other options receive their diplomas from
Students are admitted through an entrance examination as private students while foreigners are admitted on the basis of a study of their files. The training lasts for 2 years, it is both practical and theoretical focusing on different training units. Part of the training also takes place in the socio-professional milieu through two internships offered, one in year one and the other in year two.
The products that the school puts in the job market for employment are well trained and operational. They are destined either for self-employment or employees in enterprises, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO), local councils or as civil servants in the public service of Cameroon.
The State provides support to the settlement of trained youths in self-employment with subventions given to project holders within the limit of the means available. Youths submit their projects for funding to the different ministerial departments.
We hope you appreciated the information presented under the different headings. You can obtain additional information trough the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. ONDOUA ZANG jean Paul
Director of NCAHVT Foumban.